Updated Table of Contents (I don’t know why there is a strange spacing thing going on when I paste it into the blog):
1. Metropolis of Ego
1.1 Project Statement
-The Metropolis of Ego is the physical manifestation of the Architects Ego, which acts to consciously create and subconsciously destroy the City.
1.2 Presentation Text
2. Precedent Studies Showing the Manifestation of the Architects Ego
2.1 Ryugyong Hotel, Pyongyang
– The “hotel of doom” shows the imposition of the architects ego on the city.
2.2 Roma Interotta
– The study to redraw Nolli’s map of Rome shows a diverse set of entries each showcasing the designers Ego.
3. City of The Captive Architect
– The social housing scheme is widely regarded to have led to the death of the Modern movement.
3.2 From Utopian Vision to Dystopian Reality
– An examination of the failed ideology within Pruitt-Igoe.
– The internal battle of the Architects Ego, which is necessary in order to create the city, but also acts to destroy the city.
4. Realm of Manipulated Reality
4.1 Unintended views of the Metropolis
– An exploration of the views the designer never planned for us to see.
5 The Ring of Confrontation
5.1 Confrontation in the Metropolis
– There is conflict and tension everywhere in the city.
5. 2 The Ring
– A space where battles are fought and arguments are won or lost.
– An examination of previous battles in the city (Ego fights the Ego), and the trail of destruction these have left
5.4 The Fight to End all Fights
– Tonight we watch Imagination vs. Reality. The survival of The Metropolis will be written by the winner.