I started this weekend doing some research on BIM, the problems and the impact on architecture.
The most important things I found are the following:
1. Expansion of Participation
2. Elimination of Abstraction
3. Absence of Intuitive Processes
3. Limits to Novel Construction Methods
4. Bias of Geometrical Forms
I also discovered this “tool”/platform, which I think is a lot worse than BIM software and I shall declare it my enemy. It is called Wikitecture, and it has created a lot of controversy online. (Check article below).