First few cartoon sells setting up the thesis. The introduction of fragments of identity.
The formation of identity “can never start from scratch; it always builds upon a preexisting set of symbolic materials which form the bedrock of identity”
Identity is formed from fragments of thoughts, experiences, and references.
- Frida Kahlo embraced her pain and suffering as her identity which gave a unique dimension to her work.
- The Eames took from pre-fabricated industrial components to create a new identity in architecture.
- The weisenhofseidlung adopted a new form of architecture stripped from the identity of the past, a process of defensive contra-identification.
- Mark fisher used his inflatable animals to shape the identity of his work, becoming the worlds greatest entertainment architect.
- Yayoi Kusama’s dots became her identity, covering everything from canvases and walls to her own clothing.
These fragments constantly overlap, coinciding with a place and time to form an architecture or landscape.