I cannot decide really if I should go with color or not… BW has sth to it as well.
Which one of the 3 versions do you prefer?
Shadows of people/idols are still missing but after that I’ll move on to the plan.
I prefer the colour, it’s more your stye. There’s sharp shadows from the east on the poles. If you want it more dramatic you could play with that, although your other collages have a nice flat tone to them, might be more consistent to stick with that.
I like the mixed version – coloured mountain, b/w people
(Felix do you have the Bataille book I gave you???)
It’s in the unit space. I never took it out of there… Thanks for the advice, I think I like the mixed one the best too – otherwise the idols (mies etc) and the normal people are not the same…
I prefer colour BUT:
1. The people look massively overscaled. are you sure you measured it all out? 2. The stop sign also looks disproportionately huge.
3. Pink sidewalk is Dutch 1990’s Photoshop bright and brutal. Is there a reason for this?
4. Your evenly distributed people look like they’re in the early stages of The Walking Dead zombie state. Why so gridded?
5. Need a person or two on the top of the mountain and one on top of conveyor belt to provide the Teotihuacan-like scalar anomaly.
6. White fence on the left is weird.
7. What is this image trying to say? It’s neither grim nor optimistic. Needs to have a declaration of some kind.
8. the guy on the traffic island seems out of scale as well.
9. Sky looks a bit like a Turner painting – which I could accept if I understood why it’s meant to be that way. Otherwise I think the sky we worked through on Friday was better and more distant. It added information and context to the mountain. This sky strips it out. too abstract.
10. Road also doesn’t disappear into the horizon enough. For the mountain to feel bigger, the foreground needs to be further away from it.
See this for example:
This first one is good because we see how small the trees are at the limit of the visible road. Much like Miruna’s models – we GET how far away they are.
This one is just GREAT:
ok, thank you! there are people on the mountain… unfortunately they get lost among the trash :/ I will rescale the guys in the foreground; i agree they seem weird..