- Charles Arsene-Henry seminar: metacamera suspense bluedrift
- Recreating Renders
One sign of render skill used to be how realistic an image you could create. Now that we can render pretty much anything, we see one of the first inversions – photographers recreating highly stylised renders.
- conclusion draft..
- Consumption thrives on speed and excess. In typical big box fashion, value is attached to a commodity not for its durability but to it's short-lived lifespan. To quantity over quality, to infinite choice. The consumer of the City exists as any consumer does; in a constant state of dissatisfaction. Either the City is purposefully designed to fall short of expectations, just enough that the consumer is driven from one to the other in search of fulfilment, or the city really does appease one's every need but then the consumer simply cultivates new needs, new desires. There is an artificial sense of emergency that propels the consumer from one city to another - faked, only to enhance the City's desirability. Excess perpetuates this dissatisfaction. The consumption of one city after another becomes about the quest for the ultimate one, and never the find. No single city can be accepted as the ultimate one; this would signal a failure of the world of consumption and the fun would end. Feeling obliged to buy in to the system, the figure of the architect becomes that of a salesperson. She can no longer have a strong conviction about any particular city that she authors, but in the project of creating multiple competing identities. ... still needs a lot of work. also, no idea what the ending sentence should be!!
Consumption thrives on speed and excess. In typical big box fashion, value is attached to a commodity not for its durability but to it’s short-lived lifespan. To quantity over quality, to infinite choice. The consumer of the City exists as … Read more
- Will never export for AI to Rhino ever again
Working on death strips connecting horizontal rows of London neighbourhoods
- Kosuth’s chair(s) in the Front Member’s Room (text coming up soon!)
Two elements of the work remain constant: a copy of a dictionary definition of the word “chair” and a diagram with instructions for installation. Both bear Kosuth’s signature. Under the instructions, the installer is to choose a chair (any chair), … Read more
- Trying to provide a static definition for "projection" is a futile endeavour for its power, as a tool, lies in this very ambiguous nature. This is the nature that we must tap into and ultimately use to challenge the design of existing cities. If we understand that the city is not a singular, static surface, rather that it is a complex tapestry woven together by an array of experiences, spaces and limits, it is impossible to expect a singular, orthographic projection, in other words, a map, to capture the city's nuances. However, the introduction of a third axis can be used to reveal its true form. Through presenting the space, the third dimension allows us to enter the city differently every time. These acts of entering are made possible through the act of projection, and hence it is vital that we study ways to stimulate and aid projection for it to advocate the transformation and re imagination of cities that we inhabit.
Trying to provide a static definition for “projection” is a futile endeavour for its power, as a tool, lies in this very ambiguous nature. This is the nature that we must tap into and ultimately use to challenge the design of existing … Read more