The project begins where the act of architecture as representation seizes to exist and shifts to one of framing and perception. How we frame/create as defining how people perceive. The architect as director, setting up the object and defining the way people will perceive it.
Looking at abstracting concepts from the artefacts as:
- Architecture as ornament (International Style)
- Architecture as symbol (Pink Floyd)
- Architecture as function (Loos and Baker House)
- Architecture as collection (Frida)
- Architecture as microcosm (Truman)
Using elements from the artefacts to construct these artefacts. Depending on the scale, materiality and relation to another element the architect defines the identity and how we perceive it.
Influences for these new models: